Friday 10 August 2012

Losing game

Losing Game

You arrived like a gift in the mail,
what a surprise. Right on time.
I was sad I was lonely,
I was frail.
Only time would tell if you were here
to stay or just visit.
I almost sent you back.
But nooo,
you insisted.

I was good in my world of self.
I didn’t have to explain anything,
I felt what I felt.
Chained to despair,
I played what was dealt.
On your own account,
Well,
you wanted to help.
I told you.
You could never understand my truth.
My skies were black.
Yours were blue.

Trust me trust me,
you repeated.
Me.
I retreated.
Then one day,
you extended your hand.
Finally,
I conceded.

I had not asked but it was me you found.
Who knew you’d build me up,
break me down.
Who knew the game was over and I was about to lose.
Behind my back,
makin moves.
My heart knew.
But I didn’t believe it.
I believed you.

Wounded.
As I bled out I screamed never again.
Against my better judgment,
I trusted you with everything
allowed you in.
Truth be told.
I lose.
You win.















No comments:

Post a Comment